Monday 18 October 2010

FOOD-EATING OUT - USEFUL PHRASES

FOOD, EATING OUT

 

 

Sorry, but I ordered baked potatoes, not fried.

 

I’m afraid we don’t have any left

 

Well, in that case, I’ll have the lamb, please.

 

A table for three, please

 

Should we leave a tip?

 

He eats like a pig. It’s disgusting!

 

Have you got anywhere in mind?

 

We could try that new French place.

 

The portions are huge.

 

No, thanks. I’m driving.

 

No, thanks. I’m on a diet.

 

I’m full.

 

I’ve actually just had one.

 

I won’t be able to sleep.

 

I’m allergic to nuts.

 

It’s very good for you, but I can’t stand it myself.

 

I’m so hungry that I could eat a horse!

 

Mm, this is yummy!

 

It’s very filling.

 

I have a sweet tooth.

 

It’s a kind of salad

 

It’s quite fattening

2 comments:

  1. No, thanks. I’m driving???
    What's the meaning in that context?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would assume it has something to do with being offered a drink (cocktail, beer, or wine).

    ReplyDelete