Saturday 13 November 2010

COMPARATIVES - USEFUL PHRASES-

COMPARATIVES

 

  • It was worse than expected

 

  • It was more serious than we thought at first

 

  • It was more crowded than usual

 

  • I went to bed earlier than usual

 

  • I expected it to be smaller

 

  • It is much more complicated than it seems

 

  • Far better than I expected

 

  • Miles easier than I thought

 

  • A bit heavier than…

 

  • A little faster than …

 

  • Slightly bigger than…

 

  • Things are getting better and better

 

  • The sooner the better

 

  • The younger you are, the easier it is to learn

 

 

AS … AS

 

  • So let me know as soon as possible

 

  • The town centre wasn’t as crowded as usual

 

  • Sorry, I’m late. I got here as fast as I could

 

  • You can have as much as you want

 

  • I don’t go out as often as I used to

 

 

  • I go out less than I used to

No comments:

Post a Comment