Monday 3 January 2011

Did you have a good Christmas? What did you do?

SPEAKING ACTIVITY- Did you have a good Christmas? What did you do?

 

Useful phrases – some may be true for you-

 

 

  • I got the chance to see most of my friends.
  • I didn’t do anything in special.
  • I loved/hated all the shopping
  • On Christmas’ Eve all my family got together round the table and… it was great!
  • I had a proper binge.
  • I had a get-together with some cousins of mine.
  • On New Year’s Eve I wore an evening suit/tuxedo  / an evening dress
  • I wore a suit and a tie for…
  • I got merry/ I got more than merry, so to say.
  • I got a bit tipsy.
  • For Father Christmas I got a new …
  • For Father Christmas I got an awful lot of presents.
  • The 3 Wise Men didn’t bring me what I expected.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment